What restrictions does the use of NB-IoT have?
A suitable application must meet the following criteria:
- Project takes place where there is NB-IoT Coverage and no roaming is temporarly required. (–> commercial roaming is currently not available yet, planned year is 2020).
- The required maximum data transfer rate is 230 kbps (UL) or 250 kbps (DL)
- A latency of up to 10 seconds during data transmission is uncritical (-> no requirement for time-critical data transmission)
- Localization via GPS is acceptable, since locating by means of network localization (on cell level and/or via triangulation) is not yet implemented in DT network
- Only data are transmitted (no voice/SMS/CSD)
- A direct connection between NB-IoT devices is not required (no mesh network)
- Connection setup for data transmission is initiated from the device (not possible to “wake up” the devices from the server)